Thursday, August 18, 2011

Marketing. . . ouch!

Since I am almost completely right brained writing press releases, talking to televison news reporters and working on the perfect powerpoint presentation to send out has been an exhausting feat! Business, Business but without it, I would be dead in the water! Hum. . . what? So what about art for art sake you say?  Those who know me well, know I'm all about the art. So why don't I just paint, learn, enjoy myself and not worry if anyone out there is looking for my art or expecting anything of me. Well, the ugly truth about me is, if there is no pressure, no DEADline, there is very little productivity. I'm a powerful divert thinker!

On the bright side my marketing skills are improving. I have found there is a direct correlation between studing those who have been successful, market well and think outside the block. I can hear my teacher, in Italy's, voice saying "you must learn from those who have done it before!" I now see, of course, it applies equally to the business as well as your painting technique. Afterall this is a professional field!

I hope you enjoy my new press release at the top bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment