Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fong's Organic Ranch

"Fong's Organic Ranch" 12 x 7, oil on panel 
by 
Rita Alvarez

Life hardly gets better than painting in the cool shade of a giant Valley Oak!  For a show last April, I thought about laying the final touches on this painting -- "Fong's Organic Ranch".  While walking over to my storage of unfinished paintings I wondered would I still see the shimmering blues and feel the air of deep shade on my skin just like the day I ventured to captured the Fong ranch essence?  

Yes! I time warped back;  I even smelled the damp earth. So this was a go for me, finish it up!  Since I already had all the information needed to complete this painting on the canvas, my goal was to paint with the same frame of mind I had on day one. (Nothing worse than changing your mind half way through a project.)

Not long into my art show "Fong's Organic Ranch" had a new home. I was so happy that it was one of the first to sell, meaning someone dug it as much as I dug painting it. I'm always grateful for my supporters, they validate my work and enable me to continue this mandatory passion of mine.   

Stay tuned for more art by Rita that is organic, wild and yummy!  ;)

Rita



No comments:

Post a Comment